Last Updated on
“Welcome to another episode of my life.” This is what’s called as the attitude of “all about me.” This is also my introduction to this post. Welcome. If that sounds self-centered, deal with it. This is my blog, after all.
So. Those of you that decided to stay, read on happily!
Today is the start of my 4 days off work. I wanted to make the most out of it, so I slept in and got up at 11am. It’s amazing to get 10 hours of sleep after a weekend of none. Okay, maybe 3-4 hours. And I wasn’t out partying, like what the normal, single ladies do (normal, as in, of this world *rolleyes). I worked graveyard shift this weekend to Tuesday morning and went to school. And then back to my regular 8am-8pm shift on Wednesday. How do I even do that? My response is a Jesus-juke but an honest one, nonetheless. It is only by the grace of God. 🙂
Needless to say, I am very thankful for this day off. And to prove that enthusiasm, I had lamb chops last night and have enough leftovers for today. Did you know that Swensen’s Lamb Chops are the best? Although, I’d like to be proven wrong in this case. Someone, once, said that food is a universal language. But let’s not get sidetracked here.
What makes a day off even better? My answer is rain. A rainy day off, is a gift from above worthy of cherish. And today is one.
Alright, now let’s get to the main point of this post. What are things to do on a rainy day off? I’ll, first, show you a list of mine (custom-made for my lifestyle). Then, I’ll show you the ideal list (aka, my suggestions).
As I am a part time student and today happens to be a school day (from 6:30pm-10:30pm), my custom-made list suits my lifestyle but not the majority of my readers (I think?). Also, as I have gotten up very late, I only really have a few more hours to spend, today, before school starts.
So, my list:
- I will be eating leftovers. They’re not your usual leftovers, they’re lamb chops.
- I will read a book for an hour, while drinking green tea, hot.
- I will do my homework for at least an hour.
- I will take a nice long shower.
- I will check my social media updates.
Here’s a more accurate, more ideal list that applies to more people to do on their rainy days off:
- Eat leftovers. OR
- Have a bowl of chicken (noodle) soup.
- Read a book. OR
- Read manga, or comics, or blogs like mine.
- Have some tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
- Do nothing, which translates to, day dream. I just made that up.
- Take a nice long shower. OR
- Don’t take a shower at all. Who cares? It’s your day!
- Check your social media updates. AND
- Go to YouTube and take the “try not to laugh” impossible challenges.
- Watch a movie, or two.
- If you still have so much time left, watch the LOTR trilogy. The nerdier you get, the better.
Now, you can follow MY list and copy my lifestyle (my blog, remember? I say what I want), or try my suggestions. If you need help in any of these tips, feel free to reach out to me. I’ll be a friend who will be there for you in times of need. That’s what this blog is all about.